• Jan 2002

That's cool

Comment

• I26
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Batman
      First of all you should be able to view them in WMP 6.4 BTW, wmp 6.4 might to a codec download, just let it do that.

Secondly, TMPGEnc is INCOMPATIBLE with divx 5.xx codecs, so you will need to convert them to another divx version prior to converting.
      I have to disagree with that second statment. I made 4 movie conversions with the new DivX 5.02 codecs and then converted the files into VCDs with no problems at all. Maybe it is your machine and not TMPGenc....dunno, just a thought.

Homegrown Desktop:
      P4 2.4 @ 2.7
      ATI 9700pro @ 419.4/730.8
      3dMark01--17,189
      Air Cooled System Temps @ Benchtime: 2c--MB / 4c--CPU

Dell 8600 Inspiron Laptop:
      Pentium M 1.4GHz
      NVidiaGF Go5650
      3dMark01--9,842

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

That is news to me. People do have problems with the conversion. What version of TMPGenc are you using and is it plus or regular?

Did you directly load the divx 5.02 divx avi into TMPGenc. When you installed the divx 5.02 bundle, did you just install the divx 2.0 alpha player without the codec?

Did you install divx 5.02 from the divx502bundle.exe at divx.com or did you install it from a codec pack such as Tsunami or Nimo.

Do you find that divx 5.02 interfers with divx 3.11 alpha or divx 4.xx playback?

Lots of question, maybe you can give me some answers. I'm just curious

Comment

• I26
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Jun 2002

That is news to me. People do have problems with the conversion. What version of TMPGenc are you using and is it plus or regular?

Did you directly load the divx 5.02 divx avi into TMPGenc. When you installed the divx 5.02 bundle, did you just install the divx 2.0 alpha player without the codec?

Did you install divx 5.02 from the divx502bundle.exe at divx.com or did you install it from a codec pack such as Tsunami or Nimo.

Do you find that divx 5.02 interfers with divx 3.11 alpha or divx 4.xx playback?

Lots of question, maybe you can give me some answers. I'm just curious
          Well lets see if i can answer all of your questions.
          1)The version of TMPGenc is v2.5.
          2)Yes, I installed the avi directly into TMPGenc using the load command in TMPGenc.
          3)Actually I have installed just the 5.02 codec and not the player. I have though installed both together and still had no known issues.
          4)I installed the DivX5.02ProGainBundle, you know the one with ads.....ECK!! But hey its free and it works. I got it from the main DivX site.
          5)No, I find that it DOES NOT interfere with playback of previous movies encoded using 3.x or 4.x codecs.

Perhaps maybe its the tools i use to do my conversions. I use FlaskMPEG v6 and VirtualDub v1.4.7. I actually get great results with no audio sync problems when using these tools. I rarely run into an issue. Maybe its just luck....who knows. I am going to look into some others methods i read about that seem to be much faster in the conversion process.

Homegrown Desktop:
          P4 2.4 @ 2.7
          3dMark01--17,189

Pentium M 1.4GHz
          NVidiaGF Go5650
          3dMark01--9,842

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Thanks

You can block the adds by using a firewall.

Comment

• I26
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Jun 2002

Thanks

You can block the adds by using a firewall.
              Thats how i get around it.

Homegrown Desktop:
              P4 2.4 @ 2.7
              3dMark01--17,189

Pentium M 1.4GHz
              NVidiaGF Go5650
              3dMark01--9,842

Comment

Working...