• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Exporting XVID Settings

This has bugged me for years.

I have my own customized XVID settings that I use when I want to do high-quality encodes at low sizes (using VirtualDub).

But the problem is if I'm lazy, programs like AutoGK mess with all the settings... same with if I modify one for whatever reason.

Well I notice a "quality profile", but no option to save one.
    Does XVID have any sort of "Save my encoding options" mode so that I can export all my settings to a file and reload them every time they get changed?

It would sure save me a lot of time!
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Do you know if the settings are stored in the registry? I'm just curious. I've never heard of a save/restore for a codec. If it stores it in the registry though, you could probably do a ERUNT to save and ERDNT to put back. Only thing is it would be putting back a lot of other stuff too.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

I have no idea, I was hoping one of you would know
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
        I have no idea, I was hoping one of you would know
        You could always take some action yourself and use a registry monitor program while changing the settings.

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
          I have my own customized XVID settings that I use when I want to do high-quality encodes at low sizes (using VirtualDub). ...
          Hi Drf,

On another note ... what version of XviD do you use in this case and what do you consider a "Low Size"!?!?

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• Cerebrus
            Geek in training
            • Oct 2009

AFAIK, XViD does store the last used configuration in the registry. A simple registry search for one of the parameters revealed this location :

Code:
            HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\XviD
            Additionally, If you have ever used Gordian Knot (the "manual" version of AutoGK), you'd have noticed that it saves the codec configuration in the form of .settings files (one for each pass). If you open one of these you should see the very same Registry settings. So, I think GK uses this as a .reg file to import those settings into the above mentioned Key. You could do it the same way, I should think.

Hope this helps.
            Last edited by Cerebrus; 17 Oct 2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...