Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • white_dragoon_x
    • Oct 2009

conversion problem

if i posted this in the wrong section please forgive but i am having a problem that is making me angry. when i use rad video tools to convert an .avi format movie to .bik it has no video only audio. for awhile there it had no video and choppy audio but i fixed that problem by installing quicktime and updating it since i found out that rad video tools is heavily dependent on quicktime. but now like i said no video. quicktime only popped up one message saying something like extra software needed to complete this action properly but not found on their servers so i am wondering if there is anyone out there who had this problem before and found the extra software needed to fix this issue and would be willing to post a link helping me out.
  • white_dragoon_x
    • Oct 2009

i figured out my own problem it was because quick time cant look at .avi files without another plugin and that is only available to quick time pro and im not willing to pay for it. so i just got a freeware converter that converts avi to wmv and quick time can read those so thanks any way

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Which freeware converter? I'm always on the lookout for more because sometimes AviDemux will handle a .wmv and sometimes it won't. A lot of encoders seem to be finicky about .wmv.

Comment

• white_dragoon_x
        • Oct 2009

its called cool avi to wmv converter it seems to work pretty well but im not sure if the avi files are more compressed than wmv but it has a tendency to balloon the file to two sometimes 3 times its size if you dont set it right. but my rad video tools was able to recompress it when i converted it from wmv to bik.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Thanks for the info. I haven't tried going from anything to .wmv yet. My stand-alone dvd player can play .wmv but it won't fast forward so I tend to convert .wmv to either DVD or .avi.

Comment

Working...