Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike_mike
    • Jan 2010

DVD to AVI in 30 mins

Guys i need help. I am attempting to convert over 500 purchased dvd's to a format compatible with my PS3. When I started the process I downloaded some limited trial freeware that ripped a inglorious basterds in just over 20 mins. The file size was 6gb but it was super fast. My media server is huge so I'm not worried about the file size so much. I just cant seem to find any other software that can perform with the same speed.

Can anyone please recomend a specific software and the specific setting that will produce a similar speed? I've tried uncompressed conversions on several software bundles but they are not moving any quicker. Can anyone help?
  • whiteswan
    • Jan 2010

TRY AVS Video Converter, you judge after. You did it for 20 mins because it was a trial version, time limited, why try the 30 days trial with full functionality then you convert the whole movie and lets see how long will it take Brad Pitts movie. I'm sure it will take an hour.

My comment and suggestion only.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Hi. since you have a PS3 just use MeGUI and convert the flics to H.264/MP4. It'll be faster than AVI and compatible w/your PS3. MeGUI is free also. Here's the link:

A guide on how to use MeGUI to encode H.264 (MP4) files, using DVD conversion as the main example

Follow the instructions and you should be ok. If anything post in the H.264 forum if you can.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

You can also try MakeMKV
        MakeMKV is your one-click solution to convert DVD, Blu-ray, UHD and AVCHD discs that you own into MKV.

You select titles audio and subtitle track you want and it produces an .mkv file. It does not reencode, so it is very fast. But of course the output .mkv files are large.

It's supposed to work on DVD as well as BluRay. The program is free as long as it is in beta stage. It's definitely worth a try especially if you have unlimited drive space to work with.

I have WD HDTV for USB player and it works well with it.

Comment

Working...