Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tryst
    • Jun 2002

Burning Oversized DIVX files on CD-R

I find that I've been downloading quite a few DIVX movies that are over 700mb in size. The problem with this it that I prefer to burn them on to a CD-R that generally have a max capacity of 700mb. So I'm left with a file that may be only 5 mb over the capacity limit.
    Is there CD-R's on the market that have a higher capacity then 700mb data storage? Or is there a certain program to technique I can use to squeeze these slightly too large files?

Any help here would be appreciated

Tryst
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

While Nero supports overburn, the process is likely to damage your CD burner, esp. when it does not support the said technology. A better method would be to crop off the end credits from the movie, and hope that the final filesize falls below the 700MB mark. Virtual/nandub will help you do that. This guide will help you there.

Comment

• tryst
      • Jun 2002

It just seems sort of a waist to be burning like 30 seconds onto CD-R after cropping. Is there an option in nero burner to overburn or is this a trick process?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Nothing tricky. All it takes is the determination to do it.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

File>>Preferences>>Expert Features

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2002

diffrernt cd-r's normally dont have 700mb, they usually have over this. to check in nero go to choose recoder ==> 'medium-info'

try get hold of one with 710mb, which you will be able to use.
            MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
            Look here before posting questions

Comment

• Echo147
              • Nov 2001

I don't know where you're based, but this UK-based company sells 90 minute CDs which equate to ~800MB. Most new burners can do anything up to 90 mins. Some go as high as 99 mins, but you then need to find 99 minute CDs. I would not recommend overburning as it's likely to do damage.

Comment

• techno
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Nov 2001

echo - I live in the UK...first time I seen that site, bloody good prices!

you can also try to chop off the end credits, if u haven't already done so

Techno

Comment

Working...