Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alc101ma
    • Jul 2002

ifo and vobs

OK obvious this is my first night trying to rip/encode my dvds into divx mpeg4 files. I used Smart Ripper to grab all main movie vobs and ifos in 'movie' mode. Then I try to use Flask v.6. All the guides i read say to open the right ifo file. But it seems to me that my Flask only wants to open vob files. I tried using the Thunder/Miha plugin to rip directly from Flask but it didn't seem to want to work either. Anyway, I think I got the ripping part down easily enough. Now I have about 5 vob files. I don't see any way of opening an ifo file with Flask. What am I doing wrong? Maybe the answer is somewhere in one of the numerous guides. But I have been reading guides all night and my head is about to explode! So I am hoping someone can just help me out! Thanks.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

the ifo file sort of instructs a dvd player (or your transcoding tool in this case) which information to use from the vob files.

thus, vob files are always used.

flask is one of the oldest as well as one of the most buggy tools i've ever come across.

the quality you will get out of gordianknot using divx5 will be much better imho.

in case you're doing ntsc take a look at www.doom9.org for a tutorial.

for pal, you might just as well take a look at my guide:

Comment

• alc101ma
      • Jul 2002

wow, super buggy

You were right. I had read so many good things about Flask. But when I use it (either version) I crashes every time. My Xmpeg won't encode the sound in mp3 at all and it also crashes just like the Flask. I guess I will give this 'gordianknot' a try and see how it goes.

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

no comment.

uncasms says it all

He is the GURU, his words ARE FINAL decisions....that's it, full stop, no if's or buts

Techno

Comment

Working...