Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpolo
    • Jul 2002

AVi to MPEG (No Sound)

I have converted a .avi file to a mpeg using TMPGenc, but my mpeg is converting without sound. The original .avi has sound but the converted mpeg doesn't. I have downloaded every codec known to man (Nimo, Divx 3.11, 4 &5). I have WinDVD software on my CPU and I still can't get any audio. I have even burned the soundless mpg with NERO 5.5 to a SVCD disk hoping the audio would play on my DVD player even though it wouldn't on my CPU. My only assumption is that i'm not setting TMPGenc correctly. Any help to get audio on my conversions would be appreciated.

-Polo
  • hermanthegerman
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

Look at http://www.vcdhelp.com
    I'm sure you will find a solution for your problem there.

Servus,
    hermanthegerman

Comment

• dpolo
      • Jul 2002

Thanks for your help. I got it figured out. I used TMPGenc to convert the avi's sound into a wav.

I Loaded VD and made sure Direct Stream was selected on the Audio tab. Then I selected FIle->Save wav.

After saving the file I renamed the extension to ac3 (audio.wav->audio.ac3).

Downloaded HeadAC3he from here http://www.doom9.org. Loaded the AC3 file and selected the Destination Format=Wav and Resample to 44.1KHz. Then clicked start and it converted the .ac3 into a uncompressed wav file.

Started TMPGEnc and loaded the avi file as video source and the wav file I just made as the audio source.

Everything meshed together and looks\sounds great.

Comment

• LilCalvin
        • Apr 2002

i don't see why you converted it all the way to .ac3. leaving it as a .wav would've worked fine for TMPGEnc to encode the video.

Comment

Working...