• rlg67
    • Jul 2002

DixX Audio Weirdness!!

Software used :
    DVD Decryptor
    XMPEG
    RAdium MP3 Codec
    DivX 5.02 Codec

When I encode a chapter of a DVD, it is absolutely perfect audio and picture. However, when i try and do a whole film, it leaves out the audio. It only seems to happen when I setup two-pass encoding. I set it up so that it does first pass, then second pass and everything. Gives perfect picture but absolutely no sound.

Any ideas (other than trying to mux in the audio)
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Try restarting Xmpeg after the first pass.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• alc101ma
      • Jul 2002

same problem

I got the same problem! I used XMpeg and the 3.11 codec. I tested a small portion of a movie to test the quality and it is great video and sound. I spend 4 hours encoding the whole movie and the result is great video but no sound. I believe XMpeg does both passes automatically with no stops, unlike Flask which you have to do the second pass manually. Anyone else have any ideas???

Comment

• Diegoll2k
        South American DivXer
        • Mar 2002

If my memory doesn't fail, I think it's possible to fool XMPEG by setting 1-pass in the Global Project Options and then setting the codec to do 2-passes in the codec properties.

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Mar 2002

u could try to extract the audio separtely (vob2audio) and then mux with nandub.
          MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
          Look here before posting questions

Comment

• rlg67
            • Jul 2002

I've worked it out. I reinstalled my sound card (audigy platinum ex) codecs and progs and it now works. Here is my setup if anyone is interested

XMPEG 4.5
            DVD Decryptor latest version
            Radium MP3 Codec
            DivX 5.02
            VirtualDub (for synching the audio to video - works perfectly)

If anyone wants to know my settings for DivX or anything else, let me know. I just spent a week getting all the settings optimized and everything setup (hours of labour and lots of swearing at my PC) , and i am now getting amazing videos.

I use Pentium III 700, 512 MB Ram, Audigy Ex, Geforce 3 Ti 200.
            A 2 hour film at 720x576, 1800Kbps video, 128Kbps Audio takes approximately 12 hours to encode on my machine. I'll be buying a new processor soon me thinks.

Comment

• Erci
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Nov 2001

If you're using the original resolution I strongly siggest that you rethink. You will get a better wuality at lower resolution! this is a fact. Crop away your black bars a resize it properly so you maintain the correct aspect ratio and everything will be fine.
              And use one more thing use GordianKnot with Nandub/Virtualdub instead. You will achieve a better wuality. trust me.

If you're intersted in aguide go to http://hem.fyristorg.com/dvdriping if you use divx 3.11 or gknot.doom9.org if you want to have multiple guides to choose from.

//Erci
              DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• techno
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Nov 2001

yeh, I agree with Erci, try his guide and my guide too:

that sound card of urs - there are a few known issues believe it or not, to do with piracy! If u use a basic one, like the perfect quality card I have (the soundblaster 128 PCI!, cost me a few bob, £10 to be precise!), you will notice that it encodes great and no audio left behind!

Techno

Comment

Working...