Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • idontno
    • Jun 2006

The Trouble with AVIs

I have been trying to convert and burn an AVI all day. First, converting turned a 703 MB avi into 2.18 GB VOBs. But that's not what I'm here to talk about.

I tried Avi2Dvd and when I went to load the AVI I got message "Floating point division by zero". I clicked [OK] and at the top it said "Analyzing Source...Please wait...". At this point I couldn't click on anything in Avi2Dvd, it just dinged. I thought it was locked up so I checked Task Manager and it said Avi2Dvd was running, so I waited (for 2 hours) and nothing, still just sitting there. So I ended it with Task Manager.

Next I used VSO DivxToDVD to convert the AVI. It worked fine. So I went to watch the DVD and guess what...The audio and video were out of sync. Kinda like an old Japanese flick. I used IfoEdit and DVD Shrink to analyze the files hoping to correct this. Burned again...same prob.

Then...I used VSO ConvertXtoDvd. It worked perfectly! The audio and video were in sync and...it even has it's own built-in burner. The drawback to this prog is, you have to buy it unless you want to see an annoying message in the middle of the screen every 5 minutes or so saying you wouldn't see this if you bought VSO ConvertXtoDvd.

What to do? What to do? I can't afford to buy these progs. As a matter of fact, Nero will quit in about 3 weeks and I can't get ImgBurn to work for reasons I can't remember right now (been tryin a lot of progs lately). And Sonic RecordNow doesn't support VOBs. Maybe cause I have the Plus version, I don't know.

Oh, I played the AVI on my computer so there's nothing wrong with the file.
    Last edited by idontno; 29 Jun 2006, 09:40 AM.

• Nameless
    • Jan 2006

I have the convertxtodvd and it works liek a charm

Comment

• idontno
      • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Nameless
      I have the convertxtodvd and it works liek a charm
      Yeah, it worked like a charm for me too, but like I said unless you register it you get a watermark in the middle of the screen every 5 minutes or so. You must have the registered version.

Comment

• ktw
        • May 2006

avi to dvd

Hi mate. Try a prog named DIKO (freeware) it converts avi to dvd. Had problem avi's myself, this works good so far.....

Comment

Working...