Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voodoo666
    • Oct 2003

MPG4 Translator woes

I am using MPG4 Translator v3.0.12 to encode my avi files for my Archos AV500 and all was going swimmingly until I recently re sinstalled my system software and tried to get it up and running again!

I was using Virtual Dub 1.7 and Divx 6.2...and when I played them back on the Archos the audio was out of sync with the video!

Tried all the settings then today I downgraded to Virtual Dub 1.6 (the last stable version, as I thought that might have a bearing on the syncing problem) and upgaded my Divx to 6.4.1 (I also have the Cole2k codec pack installed!) and now I get an error message (on a file I tried to convert previously, with the problems above!).

VirtualDub Error
    Error initializing audio stream decompression:
    No installed codec could be found to decompress the compressed source audio

Incidently I tried to encode on another computer using Divx 6.2, Virtual Dub 1.6 and Cole2k and got the same error message.

Any ideas to any of the problems above.

Thanks!

James

Check to make sure you have the required codec
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

ac3 audio?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Voodoo666
      • Oct 2003

Yes???

That is in the Cole2k media codec pack????

Just uninstalled and reinstalled that.... no joy ... still doing the same ...

It is weird as when I was using the first set (VDub 1.7 and Divx 6.2) it would encode but the syncing would be out??????

Now it just doesn't want to do anything???????

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

the vdub error should be fixed by installing fcchandler's AC3 ACM codec, which does come with that codec pack. however since codec packs are nothing but trouble, try uninstalling it and reinstall manually.

sync issues have been discussed many times, the search function should help you find your answer
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Voodoo666
          • Oct 2003

sync issues have been discussed many times, the search function should help you find your answer

It doesn't, there don't seem to be any relavent threads for MPG4 ?Any chance you could link me to correct thread, as I have been round the houses looking for the relavent one for my particular programme and can't seem to find it... sorry!

Although I am still a little more confused because in the past I have not had to do anything else other than set the relevant file destinations and click start MPG4 Translator and now it seems to have all gone a bit pear shaped??

Comment

Working...