X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrinkOrDie
    It Was The Dog, I Swear!
    • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by DrinkOrDie
    ...what went wrong...choosing 1:1 aspect in Super is for forcing aspect despite the frame dimensions... I'm re doing the job without the forced 1:1 aspect. Then I'll see how Nero treats it.
    Perfect! no problem. Forcing 1:1 in super made the file all wrong for nero to make a DVD. I did it over without the 1:1 forcing and everything is OK now.

Now it's time for me to move on and try avidumux and dvdflick
    My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
      It Was The Dog, I Swear!
      • Nov 2003

Tried to load the source MKV in avidumux and got a messege.
      Attached Files
      My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Try both and see what happens.

It won't do it. I can configure it for 263. no option for 264.
        Last edited by paglamon; 8 May 2008, 08:15 PM.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

Thing is, resizing the output file to 832:352 automatically gives the output file an aspect ratio of 2.36:1. That's darn close to what it should be. There was no need to force 1:1.
          2.36:1 is the display aspect ratio. 1:1 is the pixel aspect ratio, i.e a square pixel.You MUST mention it once you are resizing the video.Try to convert this avi with DVDFlick or ConvertXtoDVD and see what happens. Why do you think that WMP is wrong and Nero is correct? Maybe it is the other way round.
          sigpic

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

I stand to correct myself. Indeed 1:1 in SUPER is NOT the PAR but the DAR. I found that by encoding with 1:1 selected. But reading the basic guide (the link provided by DrinkOrDie earlier) will make you think that 1:1 is pixel aspect ratio. Stiil I am perplexed by the fact that WMP plays the 1:1 file as widescreen. MPC does not;it plays it as 1:1.
            Anyway, my apologies to you DorD and also a big THANKU for pointing out the misunderstanding.
            sigpic

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

Some more experimentation with SUPER :
              1. I encoded the same file with video as 832 x 352 and aspect as 12:5(i.e 2.4:1). Result OK because the video resolution ratio is nearly the same as aspect. Obviously the pixels are square.

2.Now I encoded at 640 X 480 (i.e 4:3) but put the aspect at 12 :5 ,i.e I forced the display at 2.4:1. The file was encoded. I was expecting MPC to crash because the pixels were non-square now. But it played fine at the correct display ratio. So, non square pixels in avi is indeed possible. Standalone compatibility,however,is the big question.
              Some more insight here:http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...one_page4.html
              sigpic

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by paglamon
                I stand to correct myself. Indeed 1:1 in SUPER is NOT the PAR but the DAR. I found that by encoding with 1:1 selected. But reading the basic guide (the link provided by DrinkOrDie earlier) will make you think that 1:1 is pixel aspect ratio....Anyway, my apologies to you DorD and also a big THANKU for pointing out the misunderstanding.
                It happens, no biggie. Thing is, I finally read that guide and it conveniently tells me how to do things that are already intuitive, and leaves out answers to the questions I did have. Doesn't say anything about what the settings are for under "you may select ffmpec OR MEncoder" I have no idea what that is. It also doesn't tell you what "Directshow Decode" setting is for.
                My toy:

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

It also doesn't tell you what "Directshow Decode" setting is for.
                  When you find difficulty in opening a file in SUPER, you can try to open after selecting DirectShow Decode, whence SUPER will try to open the file via Directshow filters.
                  FFMPEG is another encoder like Mencoder. You just try one when the other fails.
                  sigpic

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                    It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                    • Nov 2003

I guess somehow I got an old ffdshow. I thought I was installing the newest. This is what my settings dialog looks like, no option for x264.
                    Attached Files
                    My toy:

Comment

• paglamon
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2005

The "about" at the bottom on the left column will tell you the build.
                      Get it from here:http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=173941
                      sigpic

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                        It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                        • Nov 2003

I already took care of ffdshow. Got rid of the one I had and installed 05-04-08 release. Looks like yours now. WMP still won't play MKV. It doesn't recognize the extention. That's OK. Like I said before, I don't care. I'll use zoom player. I still needed to update my ffdshow anyway.
                        My toy:

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                          It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                          • Nov 2003

Got rid of my ffdshow. Installed 05-04-08 build. WMP still won't play MKV. It doesn't recognize the extention. That's OK. Like I said before, I don't care. I'll use zoom player for MKV. Still needed to update my ffdshow. Looks like yours now.
                          My toy:

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                            It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                            • Nov 2003

WTF? I don't know what happened there with the posts. ooops.
                            My toy:

Comment

Working...