X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jastonas
    • Oct 2008

Convert MKV to playable format for DVD Player

Hello gurus of high definition
    I dont think my question is that hard...
    I just need to convert my .mkv i have so they are able to play on my dvd player. If you are "Heroes" addicts like me please help me
    I want to be able to watch them in high quality straight from my dvd player because my laptop doesnt have HD output so I was thinking i could convert even to raw avi straight to my dvd player my ext hdd to take advantage of both HD and 5.1 sound system
    I dont care if the file size is too much since i will be deleting the converted file after viewing it. Thanx
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Try DVD FLICK 1.2.2.1

DVD Flick aims to be a simple but at the same time powerful DVD Converting and Authoring tool.
    sigpic

Comment

• jastonas
      • Oct 2008

But in what format do i have to convert so it plays the sound in 5.1 if the source is ac3? Actually, is there such thing possible from DVD Players?

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

it has a mode that can make it 5.1 sound for you read the manual there should be one from this site
        sigpic

Comment

• jastonas
          • Oct 2008

So i tried it. It does have 5.1 support but everytime i try to convert my mkv to dvd it says an error concerning a pipe 2 or something...
          I tried different settings and it was always the same problem.
          I cant post right now the errorlog since i am at another computer.

Comment

• NightTran
            King of Digital Video
            King of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

I am not an expert in FLick's log there is a forum in DVD Flick web site that you should post your log there and ask them ( may want to try different MKV file see if the same thing happen first ? )
            sigpic

Comment

• atifsh
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2003

this is what i think is best... u will get dvd structure with any sound upto 5.1, subtitles....
              Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

@jastonas the other approach you can take is demux to video and audio files and use an audio program to manipulate the audio, then put them back together. There are a bunch of free tools that can demux .mpg to separate video and audio files. TMPGEnc free version has a simple one. Google on demux should turn up more.

Comment

• atifsh
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2003

problem is mkv [matroska] is a very very new and advanced container and not many tools/software/programs support it, thus cant open it.
                  Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by atifsh
                    problem is mkv [matroska] is a very very new and advanced container and not many tools/software/programs support it, thus cant open it.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember dropping one on Goldwave and being able to save the audio. If so it was likely a one-off so doesn't prove anything. May be worth a try. Some of the newer formats still tend to crash or lock up AviDemux.

Comment

• jastonas
                      • Oct 2008

Out of all the options, the one that suited me best is XviD4PSP. It has a lot of output options and formats including 5.1 sound
                      The only problem was now my DVD player cant keep up with the fps in a HD 1.5gb file...
                      Anyway, at least now I know how to cope with this. Thank you all.

Comment

Working...