Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pandacar
    • Aug 2002

No video, just sound in .avi file!

I downloaded Inuyasha the Movie (actually, I downloaded it TWICE) and tried playing it in both Windows Media Player 6.4 and 7.1, with both DivX 3.11 and 4.x codecs installed. I get the error message "Unable to download an appropriate decompressor." and I only get sound. I tried opening the file in VirtualDub and it says something like "Unsupported file type 'DX50'"...what should I do about this? Oh, and I tried converting it to mpeg format with TMPGEnc and in that format playback is fine. I would rather keep it as an avi though as .avi -> .mpeg conversion takes about 2 hours for a 25 minute video file for me, and this is a 99 minute, 20 second (something like that) file. Any help would be appreciated.
  • pandacar
    • Aug 2002

oh, haha never mind

okay, this is almost funny, but no, not really. I just downloaded DivX 5.0-whatever and it fixed the problem! Sawweeeet!

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Congrats' on solving the problem on your own. Would you mind telling me where you got the movie from? I haven't been paying much attention to the InuYasha series, let alone the movie.

Comment

• pandacar
        • Aug 2002

Inuyasha the Movie, etc.

I got it through the WinMX file sharing network. (www.winmx.com)

The interface might seem a little cuttered at first but it's actually not bad at all once you're used to it.

I get most of my anime video stuff off WinMX. I also have a lot (100+) car videos, with street racing, closed course racing, burnout stuff, drifting, all kinds of stuff. I also have a lot of JPOP, anime, 311, bassy (Bass Mechanics, swayzak), etc shared too. Anyone who feels like browsing my files, feel free to do so.

A good site for drift videos:

My WinMX username is moto_0777, if anyone wants to know.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Thx for that.

Comment

Working...