Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ridgeburner
    • Oct 2002

Having Trouble Playing a DIVX

I recently came into ownership of a Divx Movie, and I cant get the sound to work! When I go to play it with a few different Divx players, it comes up with the windows security dialog to install the Windows Media Audio Codec, I hit okay and it installs, but still no sound! The video is perfectly fine, but no audio =( I waited quite a long time for this and I really want my sound to work. It's 700 megs, the typical size of a divx movie w/audio. Any suggestions? I installed a ton of diff. codecs including the full Nimo Codec pack, and still no go. Any suggestions?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In order to determine which codec(s) you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• ridgeburner
      • Oct 2002

Okay

Okay did that
      here's what I see
      Last edited by ridgeburner; 9 Oct 2002, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

For some reason, your picture is not showing (for me). I was also unable to view it at your website, as the connection timed out. Perhaps later...

Comment

• ridgeburner
          • Oct 2002

Ack

Alright, I attached the file to this post. Stupid lycos, im not even in the UK (Where that lycos host is located) but I needed a place that would let me link from sites to pics on there, and angelfire/geoshitties wont let you anymore ha stupid free hosters..so yea try this it's attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

The audiostream (Unknown Tag 0161) is in "DivX Audio" format. If you do a fresh install of the DivX v.3.11alpha package, it will automatically install this audio codec (a hack of Microsoft's WMA audio codec) as well.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ridgeburner
              • Oct 2002

OMG

/me kicks himself in the ass

You guys ROCK it worked like a friggen charm!

Now, why when I install Divx 5.02 it doesnt work? I thought (or was under the impression) that the *new* divx installs had all the drivers and whatnot from it's predecessors, well whatever the reason, it worked! thanks!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Danny5
                  • Oct 2002

Argh, I'm having a similar problem, and I downloaded and installed 3.11 alpha, but it didn't help any of the audio. Is there a seperate codec I should install for the audio only? Added an image of it...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...