Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • logos
    • Nov 2002

Displaying Subtitles

Anybody know how I can display subtitles in window media player? I have subtitle files but just could not get the player to display, please help.
  • DAvenger
    • Nov 2001

The only subtitle format supported by WMP is SAMI ... or you can use DirectVobSub or even better get RadLight which supports 18 subtitle formats so you can't get wrong
    Non Progredi, Est Regredi

Latest experimental version : RadLight 4 multimedia player (BETA 1 build 2) | Submit a bug report or request a feature : Click here | Latest SDK : Outdated (work in progress)

International RadLight forums : Deutsch | Español | Français | Portuguese | Slovak/Czech

Comment

• Qyd
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Oct 2002

SubRip subtitles (.srt) are automaticaly loaded in most players (once you installed SubRip on your system).
      Tested it and works fine with ActiveMovie (used by most players to display video), mplayer2, WMP7, TwinVideoPlayer.
      Just remember: .avi and .srt must have the same name and be in the same directory.
      If you have subtitles in some other format, try Subtitle Workshop to convert them. You can use SubRip file module to change the time (as to synchronise subtitles with video/audio).
      I prefer SubRip format (over MicroDVD's .sub) 'cause they are time-based, while .sub are frame-based, and fps varies widely...
      Download loads of subtitles (most translated by users) from subtitles.cz (that's close to you DAvenger...)

Comment

• logos
        • Nov 2002

Just Another Questions

Thank guy for the replies. You are really something.
        Mind another question? How do I get bsplayer and radlights
        to display chinese subtitles? I have load of movies and wanted my mum to watch them but she only understand chinese.

Comment

• DAvenger
          • Nov 2001

Hi,

In RadLight you need to set some Chinese font (rightclic/advanced/subtitles/font) and the proper charset. It should work then ...
          Non Progredi, Est Regredi

Latest experimental version : RadLight 4 multimedia player (BETA 1 build 2) | Submit a bug report or request a feature : Click here | Latest SDK : Outdated (work in progress)

International RadLight forums : Deutsch | Español | Français | Portuguese | Slovak/Czech

Comment

Working...