Playback Issues (batman check this please)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobain34
    • Nov 2002

Playback Issues (batman check this please)

Hey Batman,
    I've been having major problems getting xvid to playback on my computer, although it works fine in virtual dub. I noticed in another stickie that you said to possibly use AVI4CC instead of XVid, except I can't find this program anywhere - can you please point me to it?
    Thanks
  • cobain34
    • Nov 2002

Batman -
    Duh, I found the Avi4cc program in my xvid folder, and it works great. The only thing is - is there some way so that all XVid files are automatically switched, insteda of using 4cc for every file?

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

I thought I heard my name somewhere

I believe you will have to manually change the 4cc code.

However, there is an "all purpose" playback filter availabe (I haven't personally tried it) know as ffdshow---it may be configured to playback divx 5, divx 3, xvid content and is supposedly less resource consuming. You may want to look into it Visit doom9.org for more information

Comment

• cobain34
        • Nov 2002

I actually have ffdshow loaded, but it doesn't do anything for me for some reason. My system must be screwed up in some way.

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

Try uninstalling the divx/xvid codec and then installing ffdshow and during the installation specify which codecs you would like ffdshow to playback.

Comment

Working...