Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewbo
    • Nov 2002

Weird combinations, weird results...

I've reached the end of my patience because of a problem I can't solve, hoping someone can shed some light on things.

I've never had audio/video codec problems before, everything has worked fine with nimo for watching divx etc. I've struck HUGE problems with Xvids though and I figure I must be doing something wrong because it can't be this complicated....

If I do a basic nimo install (no xvid codec) and I play the file, the sound works fine but obviously with no picture. If I uninstall nimo and install the standalone xvid codec, the picture is fine (but with no sound). If I install nimo and then standalone xvid it DOESN'T work! I get garbled green crap but sound works fine.

When I use g-spot to see what codecs are needed it says everything is fine apart from audio - ac3 (0x2000) "Dolby Laboratories, Inc" NOT found. The funny thing is that the sound works but the picture doesn't when I have everything installed. But if I uninstall nimo the picture will work and if I uninstall xvid (leaving nimo installed) the sound will work. Both will not work at the same time.

I tried uninstalling nimo and installing only the ac3 audio but that just gave me a good but slow picture and garbled sound.

Something to do with directshow?

Any ideas because i'm fresh out of them....

Cheers.
    Last edited by Drewbo; 28 Nov 2002, 11:03 PM.
  • Drewbo
    • Nov 2002

Geez... finally a combination worked.

Had to uninstall nimo and then reinstall with nothing but ac3 audio, divx 5.02 directshow and multimedia stream switched.

Now it works, but surely it shouldn't be that hard!?

Comment

Working...