Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • demise
    • Oct 2002

problem converting RM to AVI. AVI dissappears after TINRA .05 completes

I've been trying to convert RealMedia files to AVI's and so far the only tool i've found to do this is TINRA v0.05 (link posted here at divx-digest.com), with stabilizer v1.2 and the GUI v1.4 (all most recent versions). Also I do have RealPlayerOne (most recent realplayer) installed on my system. when I run the tinraGUI program and convert a realmedia file to AVI, everything appears to run smoothly. the conversion seems to be executed (20 minute file takes 20 minutes to recode, presumably because its doing some sort of recapture). The avi file appears in the output directory as the conversion is occurring, but the instant the conversion comes up complete, the avi vanishes. In addition, i've tried aborting the recoding mid-process to see what happens, and the avi file remains, but the contents are just a black screen (audio exists as it should). I've tried encoding with HuffyYUV 2.1 and Divx Low-motion, both produce the same results. Any clues why all this is happening?

p.s. i'm not new to recoding video files, i'm just new to trying to recode realmedia files.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

You may have better luck with screen capture software.

Comment

• demise
      • Oct 2002

I tried that with windows media encoder, but it couldn't capture the multimedia environment. In other words, what I captured was the entire screen, but the playback area remained black. The same as if you use a 'print screen' screen capture and look at the results.

p.s. I also had trouble with the audio capture that way but I didn't look at all the options for that since it was useless when the video capture failed

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

By "screen capture software", batman was referring to products such as Camtasia and SnagIt (both by Wordsmith)...

Comment

Working...