X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DragonStarXC
    • Dec 2002

DivX Playback on WinXP

Hey everyone,

Just a weird playback thing on my WinXP PC at home. I have a few DivX files that play great on my Win2k PC at work but as soon as I get them home and try to play them back on my PC I get the attached message. It says "invalid audio but not signaling an error" when I play back through WMP8 and also through WMP6.4. Actually, scratch that it also appears when run in PowerDVD as well!

The main problem is that it only occurs on certain files... I have tons of other files that play great....

Ok... located what it is... I have found that it is files with either variable bit rate audio OR files that do not have 128kbps audio. They are all MP3 audio files too.... gahhh! Okay... another thing... each of the three I just checked in VirtualDub/FileInfo have a Preload Skew of 1 sample... my one that worked fine had a Preload of 8000 samples. Ok make that 4 files 1 sample error occurs. Many samples... no error. Does anyone know a fix that will stop this error occuring or are my files actually corrupt and only XP has finally noticed it?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Regards,

DSXC
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"are my files actually corrupt and only XP has finally noticed it?"

No, not if they still play properly on your at-work system.

Have you tried installing the Radium (Fraunhoefer) .MP3 codec on your at-home system?

Comment

• DragonStarXC
      • Dec 2002

Ok... I don't know if I have it installed, but I will check that tonight and install it as needed. If this fixes it thanks for the help setarip... hopefully it will .

I will inform you on how it goes.

Thanks,
      DSXC

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"thanks for the help setarip"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• DragonStarXC
          • Dec 2002

Gah... Radium no help ;_;

Hey again... finally got the Radium codec installed... but to no avail. They still have the same result. It's driving me insane... especially because some of the files I watched before on my PC before I upgraded to WinXP... I'm thinking of downgrading again ;_;.... but that'll mean a reformat of my hdd again.

Any other ideas???

DSXC

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Go into the "Multimedia" section of the Control Panel. If you have more than one .MP3 codec listed, turn off all but the "Professional" one...

Comment

Working...