Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mildew
    • Dec 2002

Playing partial avi files

I regularly dl (DivX) AVI movies only to find after lengthy dl the movie is different to what I expected (not the movie I thought I was dl) or is poor quality. Can someone explain how I can play a partially dl AVI file using either WMP 9 or Winamp 3 or other. The partially dl file shows up as a .dat file and won't play in its current format. This way I can check early in the dl and delete if of poor quality or the wrong one.

Thanks in advance.

mildew
  • xvid
    • Jan 2003

Hey Man During a break in between d/l's while qued up or not.
    Use Div Fix. Open file, check the box that says keep original, and then rebuild index. Whammo . . . . You can play the new copy of the incomplete file. Usually dubbed something like divfix-yaddayaddayadda.avi.
    Cheers

Comment

• redjack
      • Jan 2003

I've got a better idea. No need for any manipulation or tools. Download the Playa (http://www.projectmayo.com/projects/...hp?projectId=3) and open the movies with it. Unlike the official DivX player it can play partial downloads. It's 10 times better too.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Re: redjack

Using DivFix is very easy and straightforward, and allows you to use much better players than either the Playa or DivX Player. BSPlayer and WMP 6.4 are your best bets.

Comment

Working...