Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rumi
    • Jan 2003

Virtual Dub Crashes!!!

To sort out an audio/video syncronization problem i encountered previously,this time i used FlaskMpeg to process the audio of the ripped files in the PCM uncompressed format whereas the video was compressed using the DivX codec.Then whenever i used Virtual Dub to compress the resulting avi file using the mp3 codec it would stop encoding after frame 9995.(the video was set to direct stream copy).It basically stops after that with 99% of the file still remaining to be compressed.Can someone tell me how to solve this problem?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"using the mp3 codec it would stop encoding after frame 9995"

Sounds like the oft' mentioned, infamous Creative Labs soundcard's .MP3 codec at work again.

1) If you don't already have another (besides the Creative one) .MP3 codec installed on your system, download and install the Radium (Fraunhoefer hack) .MP3 codec

2) In your Control Panel, select "Multimedia" and deactivate all .MP3 codecs EXCEPT the one that includes the word "Professional"

3) Reboot your system

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• rumi
      • Jan 2003

Sucess!

Setarip you must get sick of people thanking you all the time but i can't thank you enough.Like you said the problem was with the creative codec and after inactivating it and installing the radium mp3 codec it works perfectly.Just to clarify the point about joining avi files with virtual dub...should i encode each segment first using Virtual Dub(the avi segments have been produced by Flask and contain PCM audio but DivX video) and THEN join the two processed segments using the append file method,OR should i first join the segemnts together and THEN encode the entire single file with Virtual Dub.Which of these two approaches leads to less audio/video synch problems?Is it common to get audio/video synch problems when joining files with virtual dub?...Anyways thanks once again for all your help

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Setarip you must get sick of people thanking you..."

Nope ;>}

First join the segments together (Do NOT save, it's unnecessary) and while STILL IN VirtualDub encode the entire single file...

Comment

Working...