Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • treez
    • Feb 2003

need help playin xvid on pc

i have been havin problems gettin xvids to play for about a month now i have tried all i can think of i have tried nics koepes and umaniacs build of codecs i have nimo installed i have tried ffdshow i have tried different players too zoom,wmp,winamp,powerdvd,bsplayer(best results with this but still not too good)core media player,divx and others i cant remember prolly too! i have not tried to burn just wanna be able to view my movies i know its not the files bein fake or corrupt cause i know others the same files work for! any suggestions would be appreciated thank you!oh yeah the problem is audio and video r outta sync like i said bsplayer helps this the most but all movies i play on bs except1 have orange lines but only with bsplayer every other player just cant match audio and video up! thank you so much for any help u may have.
    Last edited by treez; 1 Feb 2003, 09:16 AM.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Uninstall the NIMO Codec. Reboot. Then re-install an xvid codec or ffdshow independently.

If that fails to work, using the avi4cc changer chance the fourcc codec used/description to dx50

Comment

• pythonmaxspliv
      • Feb 2003

Relating to WMP

Click the link and install this codec: http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml
      Last edited by pythonmaxspliv; 4 Feb 2003, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• pythonmaxspliv
        • Feb 2003

I dunno...

I don't know, guys, but I didn't have NEARLY as many problems as you all seem to be having, so I'm gonna tell you EXACYLY what I did.

1) Opened WMP.

2)Went to the "Help" drop-down list and did an upgrade

3)Installed 3 codec.exe's; Divx codec 3.11 alpha.zip, XviD_Install, and XviD-04102002-1 (sorry, I can't remember where I found them, but I'm sure you all know how to find stuff: in a word, Google.)

4)Restarted my computer.

5)Played the file in WMP.

I noticed that many of you are having problems playing an XviD file, "8 Mile." Well I downloaded it last night, and it played magnificently.
        Now here's some info that I at first thought wasn't important, but now I think it may be pertinent; I'm running Windows Me, WMP 7, and I don't have any other multimedia players on my system (unless you count MusicMatch and Winamp as multimedia.)

Comment

Working...