X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crüe
    • Jan 2002

Strange problem?

Hey
    I'm pretty new to this...I want to see this movie "Legally Blonde", the file is 512 Mb, but when I open the file in the "playa" the movie is only 50 sec long...is that possible? Or have I missed something?
    I thought a common full movie is about 500-700 Mb...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the filelength is indicated to be 512Mb (exactly 1/2 Gigabyte), it may be a corrupted file.

Comment

• Crüe
      • Jan 2002

My mistake...the size is 541Mb...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Try playing it under Windows Media Player. If it plays properly, you'll know that it's a compatibility problem with the Playa.

1) If you have the same problem with Win Media Player, you can assume that the problem is file-related.

2) When playing it under Windows Media Player, watch the time code at the lower right. If the sound and video appear to stop after just a brief period, is the time code continuing, or did it halt?

3) From within Explorer, rightclick on the filename, click on Properties. Under the "General" tab, it should indicate file size. Under the "Details" tab, in addition to details about video and audio, it should indicate the length, in minutes, of the file.

Comment

• rolonzos
          • Jan 2002

Possible workaround

Try opening the program in VirtualDub and playing the file with that program.

If it works, try saving the file while you're in virtual dub.

(IF you do, make sure you choose DivX 4 low motion for compression.)

Comment

Working...