• Show
Clear All
  • SpikeSpiegel
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

Need a REAL Pro! (WMV-Asf Conversion)

Hi! I really need your help:
    Last week i tried to convert (to divX) and repair (erase inperfections with "noise filter" of TMPGEnc) 25 anime movies; most of them are RealMedia files (.rm and .ram) and the others are Asf, Asx, Wmv.

1)All Asf and WMV are compressed with Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V3 and Windows Media Audio V2, so i had to use the only program that supports them, StoikVideoConverter (those are also supported by Asf tools, but...it doesn't work) after converting, fhe frame rate and duration were totally changed (even if i cheked the "leave as it is" button, and setting a specific frame rate the result sux), for example, 2minute at 25fps became 1.5 seconds at 1000FPS!
    With VirtualDub i used "change framerate so audio and video durations match" but it was a little out of sync, so i had to change MANUALLY the fps (even 1/1000 if fps, SDENG!)
    Does exist an EASY method to convert them with no sync problems?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Versions 1.3 and earlier of VirtualDub accept .ASF files for input and conversion to (DivX-compressed or other) .AVI...

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2003

I really can't find version1.3.....

anyway, are you sure that VirtualDub can decode a codec copyrighted by Microsoft?
      Many programs that support asf/wmv can't read Microsoft MPEG-4 V.C.V3 or W.M.A. V2

Now i'm using EO Video, it's really precise (even converting .rm there's no desync for the 1st time!), but it's very slow...
      Thanks, anyway!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Click here for another version that accepts .ASF input:

digital, digest, dvd, divx, dvdr, dvd+r, dvd-r, rip, copy, ripping, convert, backup, back, up, shrink, xvid, software, download, news, guide, article

(You can also try ASFTools)

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2003

Hi!
          I just dl that version of VDub, i'm trying to open an Asf, but that statement still appears:
          "Asf file support has been removed at request of Micrsoft"
          i even tried to change the extention (mpeg-avi), but no way...

Asf Tools (as i already said) doesn't support directly those codecs; using "basic repair" u can handle only video, but audio is converted to another unsupported-by-everythin'else codec.
          I recorded audio to wav with Creative Recorder" but when i opened the video file i had a bad surprise: "macroblocks" of color all over the screen, but nothin' barely near to the source

Anyway i almost finished using Stoik/TMPEnc, now i have to convert to avi/repair 8RealMedia movies (i like difficult challanges
          I use EO Video, it's slow as hell, but quality and precision(for sync and motion) are perfect. it also supportS a lot of extentions/codecs (except of....GUESS WHAT?!)
          Have you ever used it?

Comment

Working...