Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woutiewout
    • May 2003

cant play AC3 in BSPlayer

A very strange thing happened to me today. I have a few avi's encoded with AC3 sound, and _yesterday_ they all played fine.
    Today (I didn't change anything) I can't hear the sounds anymore (in BSPlayer).

GSpot tells me I do not have AC3 installed (but I HAVE the AC3codec - not the AC3filter), but that it _can_ play the file properly.
    I removed the AC3codec and installed AC3filter (from sourceforge); same result, no sound. I have reinstalled BSPlayer, but with same result.

Then, I tried opening the file in Media Player, and there I _can_ hear sound!
    I personally do not like Media Player, and would really like to get back to BSPlayer, but it just won't work anymore.

Can anyone help?

Current situation: DivX 5.02 Bundle, AC3filter installed, latest version of BSPlayer (same as yesterday)
  • woutiewout
    • May 2003

To complete the info:

GSpot tells me I am missing the AC3 codec (like a few other jpg's I've seen on this forum).

But when I extracted AC3codec.zip and clicked register_2k_filters (those are the ones I need to use), it still says I do not have any codec installed. When I remove those, and install AC3filter, it also says no codec installed.

Comment

Working...