Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikeb4kool
    • Dec 2001

Audio becomes unsynced with Picture

I went from XP back to Windows 98 because of freezing. The freezing problem is fixed but now on certain DivX's and even other files like music videos it becomes unsynced.

I have the:
    -bgpop Super Codec+Filters pack
    -DivX 4.12 Codec
    -Nimo Codecs Pack v4.33
    -Tsunami-Filter-Pack mini

It doesn't seem to matter what player I'm using. When I went from 98 to XP...it upgraded to Window's Media Player 7.1 which I didn't particulary care for. When I went back to 98 it also went back to WMP 6.4. I downloaded 7.1 for windows 98 hoping that it would help my problem but it has not.

It seems to only happen with select things. For example: My Matrix DivX works perfectly fine. Great quality and the sound is synced fine....I can foward and rewind it without losing sound sync.

The Matrix: 640 x 304, 24 Bits, 197026 Frames, 23.976 Frames/Sec, 72 KB/Sec, DIVXMPG4 V3 Uses Mpeg Layer 3 for audio

But one of my DivX that unsyncs sound with video is The Big Lewboski gets out of sync using the same info for The Matrix.

Also another thing that is REALLY bothering me is that my assorted set of music videos that are .mpeg .mpg etc...are WAAAAY of sync now.

I'm running an Athlon at 1.533 ghz and 256 megs of DDR ram. Please help!
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

when you installed the divx 4.12 codec what did you answer to the question: "do you want the 4.12 also to play your 3.11 moviez?"
    .........................YES..............or...... .........NO...................

Comment

• Mikeb4kool
      • Dec 2001

I suppose I should uninstall it...and reinstall it again and choose no. Correct?

Comment

• abdul
        • Jan 2002

BINGO

I wouldn't go as far as that your problem WILL BE solved with this, but far too many people are having "out of sync' problems when they let the 4.12 play their 3.11 moviez.

So let's cross fingers ...........and hope your problem is solved and otherwise come back and we will think of something else to do

Comment

• Mikeb4kool
          • Dec 2001

We need to think of something else to do

Comment

• abdul
            • Jan 2002

This is NOT the post i was hoping to see
            Your computer is powerfull enough
            WMPlayer should not give you a problem with that
            You have the right codec (although you have quite a lot -maybe, just maybe they get in the way of each other )

So i see no reason why you still have that out of sync audio

Defragmentating your HD maybe ?
            Play it from HD iso cd-rom ?

You'll notice ................. i'm also desperate

I will search futher for any possible solutions, but to be honest............i don't know WHY

Comment

• Mikeb4kool
              • Dec 2001

Yeh I have no clue either. As I said it only seems to be w/ certain Divx etc...but you said that I have a lot and I should maybe go with the bare minimum. What would your reccomend as the bare mimimum?

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

can you try to find out if the titles that wont play are using the same codec?

Comment

• Mikeb4kool
                  • Dec 2001

Well it's not that they don't play, it's just that the audio becomes unsynced with the video. I just uninstalled all codecs and put in the 3.11 codec. I tried playing one that unsyncs and it didn't even show the video, only heard the sound. I have many movies that use the same codecs and everything, but some come unsynced and others are rock solid even after jumping around w/ the sliding bar. I have no clue what's going on. I'll continue to fiddle and wait for an answer.

Comment

• sharp
                    • Jan 2002

I have the opposite problem, XP was playing all my audio out of synch with the video, so I went back to 98 and have had no problems.

Comment

Working...