Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iq454
    • May 2003

And easy fix

So you can see an actual picture even for a split second?

In this case your file has a bad block that needs to be cut out and rejoined.

Firstly, note down the time exactly in your player first where it freezes. Then open up virtual dub and press ctrl+O to open your movie for processing. Then set start offset (the little black arrow down the bottom pointing left, the second last tab). Then click the forward key frame(9th tab down the bottom with a yellow key) until you get to the section where it freezes, this is why we need the time so we don't miss out on to much of the movie or if the key frame goes over the freeze limit then we will know it is to far by looking at the time down the bottom"FRAME then TIME". A key frame is not far depending on how many was set by the movie encoder.

Next, set up the settings of Virtual Dub. Select the audio and video options at the top and select Direct Stream Copy for both options, then save as avi. Call it 1..or whatever part 1.

As you may have noticed, this file we're saving is the first half and we're going to go around the bad block to rejoin our first half with the second half we're about to do.

Don't close anything or move anything especially not the slider, leave it where it is, so all we have to do now is click the right key frame again(same key you clicked to get to the freeze point), then setting the start offset there(we have just jumped the bad block), then click the end tab, (7th tab from the left down the bottom, looks like a play symbol), this will take you to the end of the movie or just slide the slider to the end while holding down the shift key. Now set end offset, then save avi as 2 or whatever part 2.

While still in VD hold down the ctrl button and push letter W to close our current video file. Again holding ctrl then the letter "O" so we can open our part 1. Select part 1 from whatever directory you saved it in, then click the file menu up the top left corner, and then click "Append AVI segment" choose the second part and then save avi as whatever your movie is called.

Done
    Play the movie in the player that was successful at displaying the picture then freezing and not the ones that crashed.

Hope This Helps [color=sky blue]www.xfacts.com[/color]

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Ahh, I must have missed this thread. I don't know if you have solved your problem, but anyway...

"Well, how do you do that? I mean, ffdShow is installed, but I do not chose codec"

Time for you to do that via FFDShow Configuration (find it under the Start Menu) and under the Codecs tab, select the XviD and DivX codecs (as enabled or libavcodec). Once done, use either WMP 6.4 or BSPlayer to play your files.

"Well, once again, how do you do it? "

Go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings tab -> Advanced. Search around for options on Overlay.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...