X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuestionGuy
    • Sep 2003

Edited MPEG problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with an MPEG video that I've embeded on a web page. The video started out on a CD and it was originally about 5 minutes long. I took it off the CD and cut it down to about 1 min. or something like that. I used a program called MPEG Scissors, I believe, to trim it down to just the last 1 minute or so.

The problem is, when the embeded player plays the video on the web page, the progress indicator starts at 3/4 the way down. In other words, it still thinks it's a 5 minute video and it's playing the last minute of it.

Basically I would like to know how I can "re-encode" or "re-stream" (or whatever the term is) this MPEG so that the progress bar will start at the beginning. I believe this has something to do with the frame numbering or something. I know there must be a way to do this. Does anyone know of any easy to use, inexpensive (even freeware, if possible) software that will do this?

If you'd like to see the video I can send a link to anyone who emails me or responds to this post.

Thanks for any help,

QuestionGuy
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Load the original 5 minute MPEG file into TMPGEnc, as follows:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

Comment

Working...