I wanna play a DivX movie on my TV using the
    video out of video adapter.
    model: Gforce2 MX400
    What I have to do to use it?
    Is it Svideo?
    tempus fugit
  • xgee
    • Apr 2003

I have the same card, all I do is restart the pc with only the tv plugged, (not the monitor), the computer uses the tv as the default monitor.
    I use an RCA wire cause my tv have not an svideo in
    XGee

Comment

• woodyalien
      • Sep 2003

thanks xgee!

some told me that some softwares and drivers (as detonator for other card models) are needed...

much better this way... let's test!

(I'll post results here in some days)
      tempus fugit

Comment

• woodyalien
        • Sep 2003

perfect, xgee!

I've simply plugged SVideo out to TV without monitor and it started working!
        No additional drivers nor softwares needed!

The only problem were the resolution automatically changed to 800x600 that made a complete disorder with my desktop icons... not a big deal!
        tempus fugit

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

woodyalien,

Under Overlay Controls in the Advanced Display Mode, select Secondary Device (which is your TV) as the Full Screen Device. The next time you play any video on your TV, the picture will be automatically played at full screen regardless of what resolution is used for the TV.

Cheers.

p.s. By the way, the resolution on the monitor needs not be the same with that on the TV.

Comment

• woodyalien
            • Sep 2003

Thanks for the "full screen device" hint!

Can I keep both connected all the time so? and displaying on both devices at same time???

About "the resolution on the monitor needs not be the same with that on the TV":
            When my PC restarted with tv plugged to svideo out (without monitor), windows automatically changed resolution to 800x600 (I guess it *must* be set like that)... I use it on 1024x768 thru monitor...
            - how can I set it to display at one resolution to primary device and another to secondary device?
            - or you mean with "full screen device" selected and both (tv and monitor) connected it wont change the resolution by itself anymore?
            tempus fugit

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

"how can I set it to display at one resolution to primary device and another to secondary device?"

Set your monitor to the resolution that you normally use it at. Then enable the output to TV using the Clone mode. Whatever resolution the TV will be using (normally 800x600) should not alter the resolution on the monitor. And don't bother changing the resolutions on the monitor; it does not make much, if any, difference.

"or you mean with "full screen device" selected and both (tv and monitor) connected it wont change the resolution by itself anymore?"

You can only select one Full Screen Device for the video card overlay. In this case, I am simply suggesting that you assign the overlay resources to the TV. Under this setting, whenever you play a video file, the playback will automatically begin in full-screen mode REGARDLESS of the resolution on the TV.

Comment

• woodyalien
                • Sep 2003

tests on next week... (away from home until monday)
                thanks!
                tempus fugit

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...