X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildpig99
    • Jan 2002

5.1 Decoding problem with Amp

G'day there!

When playing a divx encoded with AC3 / 5.1 surround sound, it comes out of the rear speakers as well, like when playing an mp3 encoded divx. (The whole movie, not just the background effects)
    which is not correct.

But, if I play a normal DVD then it comes out of the front & centre speakers (like normal) and the rear speakers are used for the background effects (as per normal too)

The equipment I am using is the following:

Windows XP,

Sound Blaster card 5.1 SE going into a Yamaha 595 receiver.
    The SB software has been configured correctly for 5.1 output and also the 'play movie option'

I have also installed the ac3.zip codecs and the new intervideo XP dvd/mp3 pack.

I use PowerDVD 4.0 XP (which supports 5.1) and windows media player. I have also setup the correct speakers under media player too.

I have read a similar message on this forum that you have to configure the codecs? for use with speaker setup under AC3? when I tried to follow these instructions they were not correct.

Do I need to configure the codecs for 5.1 Speaker setup?
    If so how do you do this under XP?

Does anyone else have this problem and a possible solution?

Thanks in advance!
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

I had the same problem. Try this:
    Open the DivX/AC-3 file with the program u are using.
    Then press stop and go to File----->Properties and select Intervideo Audio Decoder and select SPDIF Output (You are using the digital out don't u?).
    Try also playing your DivX/AC-3 Files with PowerDivX player (Which u have to configure for SPDIF too).This is the only player that works for me
    Good Luck
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• wildpig99
      • Jan 2002

It works!!

Hey Kaiser-Soze!

It works 100% with PowerDivx.

I tried all the other programs e.g - Media Player, PowerDVD etc. but they dont give me the option to change the actual mode to SPDIF. (going into file properties)

I downloaded PowerDivx and set it up straight away like you said and it worked.

Actually it's quite a nice program (I think it would have to be the best) I download it once before and tried it out but must have got rid off it as I was trying all the other programs which are out there. I also like the aspect radio changing through the hotkeys.

Thanks HEAPS mate for your quick reply!!!

Take Care!

Comment

• Kaiser-Soze
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

Glad to be of use m8
        Enjoy that yummy AC-3 Sound
        Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

Working...