Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wasmuso
    • Nov 2003

PowerDirector or Cyberlink to SVCD

I want to save TV films on Cd (like other people do ).
    My first attempt was to use Power Cinema, save the film in "good DVD"-Quality, then open this mpeg2-file within Power Director 2.5, cuting the file(s) and converses the whole in (a) file(s) with mpeg2-SVCD quality.

Now my problems:
    The standard process using SMRT (fast) as well as the far slower conversion using "maximum Quality" produced not the best results (high lost of previous quality).
    Trying to konvers the cutted mpeg2-files with other programs like tmpeg showed, that other mpeg-viewers couldn´t recognize/open the file type produced by Cyberlinks Software.

The successfull conversion first in uncompressed avi-format followed by conversion in mpeg2-SVCD couldn´t be the best way (>1GB per minute of film)

First attemps to install usefull filters were first successfull for Tmpeg (not for virtdub and others), but Power director or Power-DVD didn´t work any more with this filters. It can´t be, that installation and deinstallation of the filters are the correct process!

Which drivers should be the best using the combination of Cyberlinks Software and Tmpeg. Where should I install them. Because I also beginn to import DV-Camcorder material as avi files I would like to use Power director further on.
    Or does someone know a better way to konvers mpeg2files /50 min=ca. 3 GB (later more uncompressed avi files) in SVCD with better Quality than by Powerdirector 2.5 allone)
Working...