X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hech54
    • Nov 2003

TMPGEnc DVD Author Problem

This is from the TMPGEnc DVD Author portion of the web site:

4. Quickly convert MPEG files to ifo, VOB files without re-encoding.
    Since DVD Author does not re-encode the video file, you can quickly convert MPEG files to a DVD file folder structure without degrading the quality.

I'm not understanding this AT ALL. If it is NOT re-encoding my video....why is it taking well over an hour to create the proper folders?
    Is it my DVD....originally created in my Philips 985?...is it not DVD compliant or something DVD Author LIKES?
    I recall backing up my PURCHASED Finding Nemo DVD. Used Shrink to leave only the main movie and one little extra. Used TPMGEnc DVD Author to make a cool little menu....created the files VERY QUICKLY....burned the DVD....SIMPLE.
    NOW with this new project...I'm adding ONE .vob and making 14 individual "chapters" (I.E. - the songs on the concert video)...naming the songs on the menu...blah blah blah.
    If this program does not re-encode....what the heck is it doing with my video? Not only does it take HOURS....the video ends up looking like CRAP. The longer the folder creation process takes....the more time it adds to the estimated time remaining.
    Can anyone shed some light on this freaking problem?..
    Thanks if you can.
Working...