X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hrasko
    • Nov 2003

movies skiping

hi everybody,
    i have a big problem an haven't found anything about it yet. all movies i try to play on my computer skips - like if there the processor is not fast enough. every 10 or 5 minutes the movie skips a second or two seconds forward video and audio too. i have tried many codec packs but it was allways the same. my configuration is AMD XP 1800+, NVidia GeForce MX400 64MB, 256MB RAM, WinXP.
    If anyone can help, i would be very grateful.
    thanx,
    hrasko.
  • BLACKGHOST
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Sep 2003

a question are you playing it with your DVD-Rom drive or Burner?

Reason why I ask some DVD-Roms tend to skip/etc thats all. To do with wear and tear and not cleaned etc. Try the burner and see how it goes. Let me know how you went!

Comment

• hrasko
      • Nov 2003

well, hi
      i didn't mean dvd movies played from dvd disc but .avi files played from my hdd.
      anyway, it seems getting better. i found some Tsunami codec pack and tried to install it. the movies now do not skip, at least it seemed so, im not absoluttely sure about all movies as didn't watch all of them. but now the sound gets off sometimes. it is not so offten as if was before with that skipping, but sometimes it just mutes for a second.
      and there is one more thing i should say abou it: first time i've installed winXP i had the same problem. then my winXP crashed and i reinstalled it and the skipping problem just disappeared. but WinXP crashed second time, i reinstalled and the problem appeared again.
      huh, pretty long subscription.
      so, now i'm not sure if i really still have this problem.
      but thanx for help
      hrasko.

Comment

Working...