X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ibjiba
    • Dec 2003

All my movies have a reddish colour

Hi everyone!

I usually have no problems playing DivX-movies but lately I've noticed that all my movies are played in a tone of red. YOu can still watch the movies but the colours are all too red. I have tried adjusting my colour settings, but this affected only my desktop, not the movieplayers.
    I have also tried playing the movies in several different players, all with the same result.
    Does anyone know what to do to solve this problem? Thank you for any answers!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Check your video card overlay or codec settings. One of them probably has had its colour balance altered, more specifically the red channel increased.

Regards.

Comment

• Ibjiba
      • Dec 2003

Thank you for your reply. My second question is now, how do I change my settings to reduce the red colour?
      In the windows settings, I can only change brightness and such, and can't seem to alter a single colourchannel (even if I have selected it).
      The reddish only occurs when playing movies, not my normal desktop. And it is mostly noticable in dark moviescenes.
      Because of a system crash, I have reinstalled WinXP, can the settings have been saved on my graphics card (Geforce2 Ti)?

Thankful for any help!

Comment

• Ibjiba
        • Dec 2003

Can't anyone help me? Please?
        I have reinstalled XP so the settings should be gone but still my movies have too much red in them. How do I change the coloursetting for them? Hardware or software? Anyone?

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

I should expect any Windows settings to have gone too.
          I've not worked with DivX but you could load GSpot and paste here what it says for one of your movie files.
          But have you thoroughly searched through your display/properties menu structure?
          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Ibjiba
            • Dec 2003

Thank you for your replies, I have now discovered that this problem only occurs with XviD-movies so I will post this in that forum istead. The problem is not fixed yet though.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

use FFDSHOW as playbackfilter apart from being an excellent and universal filter for all kinds of formats it will let you change those colour settings you might want to alter

Comment

• decryptit
                • Jan 2004

Check well your settings ,graphic card driver etc.
                Downloading a filter like ffdshow could be a good idea.
                Total Number Of Views
                Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...