Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fozj
    • Dec 2003

Dropping frames

I have used Pinnacle S-8 in past and it captured good. Now when I try to capture the timer counter on view screen in Pinnacle will stop, DV camcorder keeps running and when counter on Pinnacle view screen starts again It drops lots of frames. Then all runs ok until counter hangs again and the dropping of lots of frames repeats. I have un-installed and run registery cleaner and re installed, with no improvement. I have installed Ulead movie factory 2 since my previous captures,also a DVD burner. Could these interfere with Pinnacle capture? Thanks Foz
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Defragment your hard drive

2) Turn off all non-essential programs that may be running in the background

3) Make sure you're not running out of hard drive space

Comment

• Fozj
      • Dec 2003

I have done all of this including unplugging internet cable,turn off firewall,antivirus, and anything else in task bar. I have been reading about a program, enditall. It is suspose to shut down all programs except the bare essentials while running Pinnacle. Would like to correspond with someone who is familiar with it before I try it. However, I really think I have another problem, because I have made good captures before rarely dropping a frame by doing what I described above. I have 320GB of hard drive and it is nowhere near full. Fozj

Comment

• Fozj
        • Dec 2003

Finally got my frame dropping cured. I had 359 files in my IE
        favorites, I copied this favorite folder to 2nd HDD, and deleted the
        favorites in IE down to 63 files. I captured two 30 minute DV tapes without
        dropping a frame. Thanks to all. Foz

Comment

Working...