Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tarannon
    • Mar 2004

Annoying Problem

I have a little, but very annoying problem when playing movies. As far as I can tell, this problem applies to both divx and xvid, and also SVCDs.

Occasionally, when playing movies, everything stops for a quarter of a second, and then speeds up to twice the normal speed for 2-3 seconds. The sound clicks and speeds up as well. This happens once every 10-20 seconds in some movies, and in others it might only occur once or twice each minute.

This problem doesn't seem very big at first glance, but the longer it stays there, the more annoying it becomes.

I have uninstalled and installed every combination of codecs I have thought of. I have tried both of the different xvid codecs alone, I have tried the newest ffdshow alone, I have used Nimo's codec pack, I have used all codecs on top of each other. I have tried the newest codecs of course, and even older ones. I have tried several different players (the newest mediaplayer, the oldest media player, the divx playa, BS player, PowerDVD and others. I have tried playing movies from the hard drive, and even burned them out and played them from the cd. Tried that with DVD too.

Any Suggestions on what might be wrong?

Asus P4s800-mx (integrated gfx/sound)
    Pentium4 2.6ghz
    2x Crucial 512mb DDR PC2700 RAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9600 PRO Atlantis
    Soundblaster Live! 5.1
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

what about your system cache settings?

Comment

• Tarannon