Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddd
    • Feb 2002

Upside Down

I know this has been posted before since my Windows Media Player (I have Windows XP) plays upside down, and I have followed the below suggestion:

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Scrunch\WMVid

eo\Vertical Flip Packed YUV, and then set the DWORD value of this registry key to 1.

but in my REgEdit it only goes to \Scrunch I do not have the rest, the next folder could be \Video but then there is nothing in therer about Vertical Flip or YUV etc......

I looked at the Win Help page, but that was not helpful.......

It plays upside right on RealOne....but won't play at all on PowerDVD

Could someone please tell me how to either get it to play upside right on WinMedia or to play at all on Power DVD

Thanks.
  • jcn50
    • Apr 2002

Did you try to create the key?.... From the WMVideo place, right-click, then "New DWORD", name it Vertical
    Flip Packed YUV, and set the value to 1.
    If you don't have WMVideo, just create it! Right-Click (left-side) then "New Key" and set the name .

The file source you are trying to play is DivX encoded?
    Please tell me if it helps.
    Last edited by jcn50; 6 Apr 2002, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If you'd rather not mess with the Registry, the Sasami player provides the ability to flip the video in real time...

Comment

• jcn50
        • Apr 2002

I don't think it will mess it up.... It's just a new entry.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To jcn50

I didn't say it would "mess up" the Registry - After all, I'm the one who originally posted that solution to these forums (about two months ago) ;>}

What I did say was, "If you'd rather not mess with the Registry...", meaning some users are either fearful or lacking in sufficient knowledge (or both) when it comes to altering the Registry...

Comment

• jcn50
            • Apr 2002

Oh OK...Sorry .

Anyway, can you tell me if this tip works?
            Because I only posted the reply since I saw it on another forum. I'm on Win2K but I know a friend with WinXP that does have this problem but I can't reach him... ...

Does that registry "modification" () work?

Comment

Working...