X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scee
    • Mar 2002

I can't fast forward without crashing

ear all,

I was trying to play a divx movie I downloaded with winmx, but whenever I try to do anything other than pause it ( mainly fast forwarding in various forms) the player bundled with the divx 5 codec just freezes.
    Sometime I can get back to the main window, other time a box pops up saying the plaer is not responding, and other times I have to reboot altogether. I've tried a few other players and they have similar problems and I've played divx files on my machine before without a hitch, so is there anyway to repair the file? Thanks.

Scee
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I haven't given the new codec a ride yet, but I would suggest that you replace that with the more established codecs, namely 3.11a (And if it still does not work, add 4.x codec and refuse its offer to play 3.11 contents).

Changing players won't help at all if you're got a bad codec.

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

Don't fastforward then

No only jokin .

Try installing 3.11a over the top of 5, as this can help with movies ecoded in 3.11 DiVX.

Enchanter will probably give me a slap for being stupid , but hey what the hell

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Why would I do that? I would have liked, above anything else, to get 3.11 to stomp over 5 rather than the other way 'round. And your method sounds good.

Post back with results!

Comment

Working...