X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • assenort
    • May 2004

Help: can'e watch a movie on full screen

Hi guys,

I have a DivX movie (the characteristics are given below) which is excellent quality, however I cannot get it to play on full screen.

I have tried both Windows Media Player Classic (that is my favorite) and Windows Media Player 9 (that is kinda default for Windows XP). Both cases the movie opens up in a small window (640x320). When I try to give the player full screen mode, the movie displays a little bit bigger within the player window, however it is way under the full screen (which in my case is 800x600). In other words, the movie is surrounded within thick black frame from all sides, while with other movies I have black fields are only top and bottom when in full screen mode.

I have DivX 5.2.1 codec installed.

The movie data is:

Frame size 640v320
    FPS 29.970
    Four CC code: (DX50)
    Decompressor: DivX 5.2.1
    Data rate: 1102 kbps

Please let me know if something can be done so the movie displays full screen. Should I re-compress the video with different frame size - like bigger one or something?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by assenort; 7 Jan 2005, 05:40 AM.
  • assenort
    • May 2004

OK, guys, it turned out to be very simple - whoever ripped the movie, did not crop the black lines. So I just cropped the damn things in VirtualDub and now everything is fine. Pretty simple, huh?

Regzz

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

lol Glad you got it worked out!

Most of the time, the computer is not the problem, it was (is) the user operating the computer.

Comment

• assenort
        • May 2004

Thank you.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Originally posted by assenort
          Thank you.
          You're Very Welcome!

Comment