Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morwyn
    • Jul 2005

Extracting Mp3 Audio From An Avi

I am using VirtualDub to extract mp3 audio to a wav, but I get the errror message: "Error initializing audio stream decompression. The requested conversion is not possible. Check to make sure you have the required codec." I installed the K-Lite Codec and GSpot says I have 3 compatible codecs installed. I have it set to no compression and have sampling rate, precision, & channels set to no change, but when I click on SaveWAV I still get the error. Under audio I am using source audio & fill processing mode. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
    Last edited by morwyn; 2 Jul 2005, 12:03 PM.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

IMO never install a codec pack. To many conflicts can occur. Golden rule install a codec when/if it's needed

"Error initializing audio stream decompression"
    sounds like it's not finding the required codec or like I stated above a conflict

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

uninstall the codec pack, download & install an mp3 codec (such as 'lame' or 'fraunhofer'. search through google) and also the latest (alpha) version of ffdshow...
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• morwyn
        • Jul 2005

Thank you all for the input. i'll get rid of that evil codec pack...

Comment

• ook
          • Jun 2005

try other program for extracting mp3 from avi, mayby virtualdub works badly.
          use for example Video mp3 Extractor PRO

Comment

• KevinLuck
            Banned
            • Jun 2004

for imtoo mpeg encoder, all codecs are build-in. you don't need to search any codecs to download and install.

Comment

• nzjacob
              • Jul 2003

I always use VirtualdubMod to extract audio from AVI. Just load AVI into it, and then go to the streams List. Click on the audio source, and select Demux. 100% perfect extraction everytime. Also works for getting AC3 sound out before converting to DVD so you can have surround sound in your DVD's

Once you have the MP3 etc out, you can use BeSweet, or any of these fine tools : http://www.videohelp.com/tools?convert=MP3%20to%20WAV

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

as suggested already the lame mp3 codec is a very good choice.
                k-lite codec pack is nothing but trouble...
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• hernan35
                  • Sep 2005

WELL. Seek for "DBPowerAmp" Is a easy converter. You touh your AVI file, make right click, chose converto to... chose mp3 (lame) or WAV... chose next and you problem is gone.

Comment

Working...