X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KaYal
    • Mar 2002

playing a 2 cds rip with subtitles

Hi,

i got one question that is getting me obsessed.
    i ve done a dvdrip on 2 cd with a multilanguage soundtrack
    the thing is how to play the 2 differents video files with the same subtitle file or what's the tips to make it play ?
    I ve tried with bsplayer without success ...

thx 4 ur help

C ya
  • Rooster6975
    Smart Chicken
    • Mar 2002

You can do it with MicroDVD

I will have to explain the procedure from a MicroDVD perspective, because that is the only player I use to watch DivX.

I assume you have the subtitles in a seperate file, and not hard-coded onto your film, otherwise you wouldn't need any help. If you are going to use MicroDVD, I would advise you to convert your subtitle file into a MicroDVD txt file format, rather than srt format. MicroDVD can handle other formats, but if you convert it to it's native format, you can change fonts, colours, position of the subtitles, etc.etc. on the fly while watching your movie.

Step one - Convert your SRT file into MicroDVD txt format using SubConvert. You can find this for download on divx-digest.com. This will give you the subtitles for CD1. It doesn't matter that the subtitles are for the whole film. You can delete the extra words from CD2 if you like, but the film will stop when the video stops.

If you don't have the subtitles file in SRT format, you can rerip them fairly quickly if you still have the VOB files using Subrip.exe

Step two - find the last words spoken on CD1. Open up your complete SRT file in Notepad, and search for the last words using the Search feature. The file is a text file so it will find them in a millisecond.

Step Three - Copy paste all of the subtitles after the last line into a new txt file with a SRT extension.

Step Four - Look at the time stamp when CD1 ends. It is usually 1h 12min or something like that. Whatever half the movie is. Calculate exactly how many seconds it is. Then multiply the number by 25. Example : 1h 12 min is exactly 4320 seconds.
    4320 * 25 = 108000. Now put in -108000 in SubConvert into the field entitled "Add this time to each subtitle". Make sure you put in the negative sign. When you convert (which also takes a microsecond), it will output a file in TXT format that should line up perfectly with the spoken words in CD2. You may have to add or subtract a second or two to get it perfect, but it should only take a couple of minutes to get it perfectly synched.

The SRT files equate 25 to one second which is why you have to multiply. So, most 2 hour films on 2 CDs will have their counters go up to roughly 100,000 in the SRT format. When you convert this to MicroDVD TXT format, you have to get the number which tells the player when to show the subtitle dead on, or else you will have spoken dialog without the appropriate subtitles.

Hope this helps,
    Rooster

Comment

Working...