X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wan18992
    • Apr 2002

Best DivX / Alround player

Hey Everybody

What kind of player do you find to be the best, and WHY ?

Just making a littel pole.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The late Mickey Mantle, of the New York Yankees ;>}

(Just a little joke for your little poll)

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I find WMP6.4 fast and good enough. At times, I use PowerDivX as well, which does not suffer from the 'full-screen blockiness' of WMP and has a lot more settings to tweak, but is a tad slower to load than WMP6.4.

Comment

• gallgoat
        • Apr 2002

CinePlayer DVD

Is what I have discovered to be one of the bestplayers around.
        its what I belive is the fastest.
        And it it reads avi, divx, mpeg, dvd its faster then power dvd and windvd, It is on my computer anyway..

Comment

• thekief4
          • Apr 2002

wmp 6.4, it's fast and reliable, the only downsides are a lack of playlist, and lack of adjustments.

My second would be gdivx, it's good with slower processors (e.g. mine) it has a playlist, and you can play the video at different percentages of the normal rate which makes all the difference when trying to view fast motion movies on a slow processor. Drop the rate to 98% realtime and suddenly you get perfectly smooth playback on a movie that was very choppy.

Comment

• davoy
            • Apr 2002

wmp for standard movies.
            If its rips i've mad or dl'd that are real high quality then powerdvd.

Comment

• twist
              • Apr 2002

I'd say Mediaplayer 6.4 followed closely by MicroDVD. Media player has a slider bar and doesn't distort the screen size, and playsback nicely. I switched to xp and confess I'm inept. I couldn't get media player to play back .avi's . Most players in XP don't seem to play back correctly , if at all. Rad light and MicroDVD playback smoothly and in sync in XP , wheras the playa,red's , etc. didn't . That narrowed it down for me. I still watch DVD's in Power DVD , though.

Comment

Working...