X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carcundico
    • Apr 2002

Worst Playback With Better Computer

HELLO to everyone,

I bought a new computer (AThlonXP 1600) and I get worst results playingback divx movies. The problem is that the computer "makes a pause" every 5-10 seconds and then continues playing again. It seems like it needs time to decode the next frames. I use to have an athlon 900 and never had no problems. So it is uncomfortable to watch anything with those pauses.

I hope someone can help me, thx in advance

bye
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

What player do you use? I would suggest WM 6.4 or GDIVX.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Have you enabled DMA? And also, what codec is that you're using?

Comment

• carcundico
        • Apr 2002

I just use windows media player (S.O. WMe)

I have problems playing back with codec 3.11, not with 5.0, but with codec 5.0 I can´t (well, I don´t know how to) convert the vob files to avi, too many options to set up.

So, I use codec 3.11 to convert and 5.0 to playback, but just one of them can be installed at the same time so I have to install/uninstall/reinstall.....

Another thing is that I have no problems playing back straight from de cd, just from de HD.

I have to check out the DMA,

thx!

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Whoa! You're getting yourself confused there.

Firstly, WMP 6.4 can be found in x:\program files\windows media player\ folder. The player itself is named mplayer2.exe. WinME comes along with both WMP6.4 and WMP7 (Which you are using and happens to be the default player).

And then, I suggest you uninstall DivX5 in favour of this combination. Install 3.11, followed by 4.12 (Don't allow it to play 3.11 contents). Please be aware that DivX5 currently is still bugged. One of them is its taking over 3.11 contents without your consent. This is probably why you are having such difficulty playing back 3.11 contents when you had both 3.11 and 5 installed. The truth is DivX5 has automatically taken over 3.11 content playback and it sucks at that.

Comment

Working...