X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XsniperX
    • Mar 2002

problem w/ sound??

Hi all...

well i have an .avi movie just recently being downloading, not yet finished though, but i wanted to check its quality and opened divx 5 and it looked really good but w/ no sound.. i contacted th eperson and he used radium codec for the sound, so i downloaded it which seem to be a mpeg 3 layer from Fraunholfer IIS, but still it doesn't work w/ sound usin divx 5,... so i downloaded the nimo 5 pack, followed the right instructions and it still hasn't got any sound...

Can any one advise me what i am doing wrong or is it that i need to wait till i get the full download and try it on WMP... i don't know really.. will wait for expert opinion as i am still a newby.ish at all this adventure

PS Nino 5.0 download NON CORRUPT can be found HERE

many thx
    _XsniperX_
    Last edited by XsniperX; 5 Apr 2002, 07:53 AM.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I suggest waiting for the whole download to be complete. There is not much more to go, I suppose? I had a similar thing. I had 0.5MB to go, but I was able to play this file anyway. The show is supposed to be 38 minutes long, but I was only able to view it up to 8 minutes. The only thing I could do to be able to see the remaining video parts was to reencode it (Which will only result in more quality loss) or complete the download (Upon completion of which, the movie plays nicely and sweetly. No complaints there.).

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

From all of the recent postings which clearly reflect incomplete audio portions of downloaded .AVIs, it's apparent that the audio stream is the last thing to be transmitted. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you wait for the entire download to be completed before you try to make any determinations about the file...

Comment

• XsniperX
        • Mar 2002

Thx to you both, i will keep u upto date as soon the file is complete.. many thx

Comment

• XsniperX
          • Mar 2002

Thank you again the file is now complete and works fine... but only on WMP, is there a way of getting it to work on divx 5 w/ sound???

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Are you sure you need DivX5 to play that file? I've always preferred the 3.11+4.12 combination.

Comment

• XsniperX
              • Mar 2002

Well i pretty much like divx 5.... but in any case the movie plays on divx 3.11 4.12 and 5 but with no sound.... Play it through WMP or Real one player it works fine, but i still prefer the divx players to real one and WMP, is there a way to get the sound working of these players for that particular file?? Or is it that the codec is only recognised by these media players??

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

If you have DivX5 installed, regardless of whether you have 3.11 or 4.12 installed, DivX5 will forcibly take over the playback of all your DivX files. I've seen enough cases to see that the codec has problems playing some DIvX videos. Hence, the only way you can prevent this is to scrap the bugged codec in favour of the afore-mentioned combination.

Comment

Working...