Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • undertow
    • Apr 2002

Nimo 5.0 FIXED

I've uploaded a WORKING copy of Nimo 5.0 for everyone, the codec pack mirrors are all corrupt. Use this link to grab the NIMO codec pack v5 as one solid file (8MB self-extracting .exe)

This is identical to the multipart nimo5 linked to elsewhere in this forum, and should pass CRC checks. Let me know if it doesn't (worked fine for me on 2000 Adv Srvr, 2000 Pro, and XP Pro)

Thanks to everyone else for posting your help along the line!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

This is in no way a flame - rather, what I hope will be viewed as constructive criticism:

If, in fact, you are the issuer of this codec pack, why don't you post it as a .ZIP rather than a self-extracting executable?

Although I personally have no need for any codec packs (i install only what I require), I've seen too many newbie posts at these forums describing codec conflict problems, apparently arising from the indiscriminate installation of "tons" of codecs and filters.

A .ZIP would allow the users to choose only those codecs that they require, on an individual basis.

Comment

• undertow
      • Apr 2002

Fix Audio on DivX, Win XP Pro

After much difficulty getting sound to play w/DivX on Windows XP Professional, I finally tracked down a working copy of Nimo's codec bundle v5, and it has fixed everything. See link earlier in this thread for link...

For the technical people, here's what I discovered:

First of all, add/removing codecs in XP (especially old DivX drivers like 4.x) is a gigantic pain. Many more registry entries than previously, not to mention most DivX code was written by developers who now work at McDonalds (do a search for Nimo if you don't believe me) so the uninstallers are useless.

After reapplying many different codecs and patches in every conceivable order (DivX 3.11 Alpha thru new DivX 5.0 Bundle) I still couldn't get sound out of DivX .avi files on my XP machine.

I can't say definitively that this will work, but my final configuration (the one that WORKS) involves installing the following:

1. DivX 5.0 Bundle (up-to-date video codec)
      2. Nimo 5 codec pack (selectively install only the codecs you need, XP uses codecs in-order and if another codec claims responsibility for your audio, it won't work)

The bottom line for me is that XP will not play Windows Media Audio V2. My DivX .avi's sum up as Divx Video and WMA V2 audio. Use Nimo and make sure that "Windows Media Audio" is selected in the "components to install" list.

After this, I didn't even need a reboot, everything played fine. If you follow this procedure and still have problems, post here and cross your fingers, or e-mail me and I'll help you if I can...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I guess this (your non-response to my suggestion) means that your NOT the issuer of this codec pack...

Comment

• undertow
          • Apr 2002

I'm with you...

Originally posted by setarip
          If, in fact, you are the issuer of this codec pack, why don't you post it as a .ZIP rather than a self-extracting executable?

Although I personally have no need for any codec packs (i install only what I require), I've seen too many newbie posts at these forums describing codec conflict problems, apparently arising from the indiscriminate installation of "tons" of codecs and filters.

A .ZIP would allow the users to choose only those codecs that they require, on an individual basis.
          I'm with ya...

The .exe file is an old-school Win95 installer, but it provides a list of codecs and other utils to install. Much of it is outdated, but you sound like you know that often the old stuff is all that works!

In any case, I'm NOT responsible for the codec pack, I just had a helluva time tracking it down, so I thought I'd save everyone else the headache and post it on my site. The original guy's site was last updated in like 1984, so I'm not too worried about him complaining...

For your reference, Nimo did have a good selection of some of the older, harder-to-find codecs if you want to give it a try, like I say, at least the program has a working installer/uninstaller, so you can run it to see what it has inside, but still cancel it before it makes any changes to your system.

Thanks for the post.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"For your reference, Nimo did have a good selection of some of the older, harder-to-find codecs if you want to give it a try"

Thanks, but I've got everything I need (and ONLY those that I NEED) installed.

Thanks also for clarifying your involvement with this "pack". I hope others appreciate your effort on their behalf ;>}

Comment

• Arcanius
              • Apr 2002

Cant find server error, the page dont work

got an other page with th working nimo?
              Last edited by Arcanius; 23 Apr 2002, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• undertow
                • Apr 2002

Back Up... sorry

The link above is back up... for awhile anyway

Comment

• Arcanius
                  • Apr 2002

still says the page is down

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

If I had found a single installer for the M4 MPEG4 V2 codec, I would have no need for a codec pack anyway.

Comment

Working...