X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beck01
    • Dec 2005

DVD Audio Problem

Hi All,

I'm new to this fourm (Found it thanks to jmet) but I'm hoping you can help me. I am at a complete loss. Here's the problem, I had to reinstall windows and since that install I am unable to play DVD's on my computer. Well actually the DVD's play just fine there is just NO sound. Music CD's play just fine so I know I don't have it muted or something totally blond like that.

I have been trying to figure out what else it could be and I think it has something to do with either Codec or Decrypter or both. I really don't have a clue exactly what these things do only that I think I'm suppose to have them or download them or something. I've tried reading up on them but I just don't get it.

Please, if you could just tell me what I should do or download I would greatly appreciate it.
  • geno888
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Welcome to the forum.

What player do you use? I suggest you PowerDVD: is one of the best dvd players available. I got mine with the burner (was on the box with other software).

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

i use both power dvd and MPC
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Beck01
        • Dec 2005

I have been using Real but I have also tried Windows Media Player 10. I'll try what you suggested and get back to you.

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Comment

Working...