Video files playback with 16 bit colors only ?!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksheridan
    • Jan 2006

Video files playback with 16 bit colors only ?!?

this problem is making me go nuts ..
    I have an fx5200 on an xp pro sp2, and the settings are at 1024 32-bit color, but my video files only playback 16 bit colors! the same goes for DVD movies. What the f... ? I looked everywhere to fix this! I searched the registry for overlay settings .. I searched in the knowledge base at microsoft with absolutely no luck at all.

ofcourse I tried uninstalling the drivers, and all that. I did a total remove before installing the latest version from nvidia.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

how do you know its playing 16-bit? got latest directx? try playing with media player classic
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jacksheridan
      • Jan 2006

I do have the latest directx installed, and I always view my vids on media player classic. The thing that shows it's 16 bit is the gradiency in colors, you can see is as a seperation between two shades of the same color.

If you use photoshop, try creating a painting with gradiency and view it in both 16 bit and then 32 bit colors, and you'll know what I mean. I'm a web designer by the way.

Comment

• jacksheridan
        • Jan 2006

Virtual Denmark er dit online magasin når det handler om Danmark. Vi har samlet det hele på nettet, for at give dig hurtig og nem adgang til alt indholdet. Gå på opdagelse på Virtualdenmark.dk i dag

please take a look at the two image in that page anonymez, to get a clue at what I'm suffering with.

Comment

Working...