Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderBolt147
    • Jan 2006

DVD Backups won't fit!

If anyone can help me here I'd love to hear from you...

I bought 3 of the interactive DVD quizzes over Christmas and believe me they were well used. sadly, the kids used the DVD player afterwards and left my Quiz DVDs scattered about, as a result 2 of them no longer work. I bought replacements from ebay and wanted to back them up to DVD-R.

Of the 3, 2 backed up perfectly using DVD Shrink. The third - Who wants to be a Millionaire - won't... DVD Shrink,DVD Decrypter, DVD-2-One all fail, saying that they are unable to compress the data enough to go on a 4.7Gig DVD.

I've tried a few more DVD back up packages and all say the same...

Please please help me out here before Easter and all the kids come roind again!!!

Cheers all...
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Ignore the error message in DVD Shrink and back it up, use Deep Analysis and AEC Maximum Smoothness on the first go round. When backup is complete run the ISO image through DVD Shrink a second time and it should fit to a DVD-5.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• ThunderBolt147
      • Jan 2006

Thanks for the suggestion there but it doesn't seem to be happening...

I put it through DVD Srink half a dozen times and was losing about 8-20 MB a time. Would take forever that way. Nice idea tho, it worked a bit better on a DVD film when I tried it as an experiment!

Any other suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks again, LD!

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

I knew it would work on a movie, but wasn't sure about an interactive DVD...may have to break down and buy some double layer discs.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

Have you tried using Dvdfab Gold or a similiar program to put it onto two SL dvd's. Dvdfab Gold is real easy to use and does an excellent job. Use the wizard. You can d/l a trial version from their website.

Comment

Working...