I'm Having Compression Problems, Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • connect
    • Jan 2006

I'm Having Compression Problems, Please Help!

Hi there, I'm new!!! Please can I have some advice...

I have a 300MB Mpeg file. In premiere I am putting a new soundtrack over the top of it and then re-writing the file.

However, If I save it as an avi file I get a lot of lines running though the picture when there is fast movement.

When I save it as .mov the picture is fine but it is 5GB in size.

What settings do you use when working with an mpeg in Premiere? Do you export it as an avi? mov?

Once encoded the file will then be written to a DVD, so I suppose mpeg>AVI>mpeg isn't doing it any favours.
  • Cambion7
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Nov 2005

I haven't done a lot of authoring, but why not keep it in MPeg-2 and use TmpgEnc DVD Author to encode it into DVD, then either burn to DVD+R/DL or shrink it to DVD-5 and burn to DVD-/+R?
    Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
    - Confidence

Comment

• connect
      • Jan 2006

Hi,

OK so I have downloaded the program you said about from the website. However I can't seem to find out how to put the new audio over the top of it. For start it won't take MP3 or WAV files. Any ideas?

Comment

• Cambion7
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Nov 2005

You can take the AVI file you made that plays okay, and follow Lt. Columbo's Guide to convert it from AVI to DVD. This should do it for you.

Regards,
        Cambion7
        Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
        - Confidence

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by connect
          Hi,

OK so I have downloaded the program you said about from the website. However I can't seem to find out how to put the new audio over the top of it. For start it won't take MP3 or WAV files. Any ideas?
          tmpgenc plus will. i'd just encode it using a seperate audio track as the source. then author it. this 300MB mpg is an mpeg-1 file? what is the framerate?
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...