X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GC2
    • Feb 2006

Broken & Unregistered Codecs

Hi,

I've recently installed a few programs and now have problems with playback in WMP10,PowerDVD XP and Nero Showtime 2. These problems didn't occur prior to install. I've tried using MPC which initially appears to run fine. But I'd rather resolve these issues and then make a decision on whether MPC is better or not.

GSpot
    51 Video & 28 Audio

TYPE--FORMAT-------CODEC----------------------DRIVER FILE
    DSH---None Stated---Nero Digital Video Encoder---Codec not Registered
    DSH---None Stated---Nero Video Encoder---------Codec not Registered
    DSH---DIVX----------DivX Decoder Filter----------Codec not Registered

Codec Sniper
    227 Codecs

0#Direct Show#DivX Decoder Filter##-##broken

167#Direct Show#MPEG-2 Sections and Tables#%systemroot%\system32\mpeg2data.ax#-##broken

WINDOWS XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility

MP10 Compatible------Decoder Vendor----------------Decoder File Name--Decoder Vers.--MCE Compatible
    RED X----------------Ligos Mpeg Video Decoder-------Impgvd.ax---------4.0.0.90--------RED X
    RED X----------------Nero DVD Decoder--------------NeVideo.ax---------2.0.10.0--------RED X
    YELLOW Exclamation--CyberLink Video/SP Decoder-----clvsd.ax-----------3.5.0.1011------RED X
    RED X-----------------Nero Video Decoder------------NeVideo.ax---------2.0.10.0--------GREEN TICK
    RED X-----------------Nero Video Decoder HD--------NeVideoHD.ax-------1.0.1.0---------RED X
    RED X-----------------PDR MPEG 1/2 Video Decoder---PDVSD.ax----------6.0.0.2130------GREEN TICK
    YELLOW Exclamation---CyberLink MPEG Video Decoder--PDmmv.ax--------4.0.0.3013------GREEN TICK

All help very appreciated.
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

One of the good people here put this list together as a reference to all you really need. Now I am no expert, I just learn from those that are but is it saying you have 227 codecs installed. Seems like a lot to me but again I am no expert.

Talk about all other file container formats and video codecs in this forum, including Ogg, RMVB, MOV, ASF, WMV ...

Comment

• GC2
      • Feb 2006

Thanks soup. Glad I read the link you posted as I downloaded a codec pack earlier, but have yet to install as I didn't want to screw things up anymore than they already are...I'll get rid of that then. I'm really trying to find out what the broken & unregistered codecs relate to and how to fix them. Up until recently everything ran great, never really had any problems in playing anything that I wanted or needed.

GC

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

Well I have way more media players than I need on my PC. Ever since I got Media Player Classic it is used to play everything. I have it checked for video all & audio all. I can still use the others if I want but I just use the one. That's just my own personal point of view. I am sorry I can't help you more with the codecs. If somebody doesn't come along soon you might try search keyword codecs. Good luck.

Comment

• GC2
          • Feb 2006

I don't like to mess with things that I don't understand and was very happy with WMP. I've read a lot of horror stories on various forums about people updating their codecs and making their problems worse. Obviously if something is "broken" there must be a reason and it needs to be addressed.

So if somebody can explain what these codecs are for and and how to repair the situation I would really appreciate it.

Cheers soup.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

what did you install, have you tried a system restore? in any case i'd try anony's system too
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• GC2
              • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
              what did you install, have you tried a system restore? in any case i'd try anony's system too
              Hello Lt.,

Over the space of 2 weeks I've installed Alcohol, Nero Ultra 7, TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6, TMPGEnc, Aimone 1.6 Video Converter, DVD Lab Pro and the following Trial versions CyberLink PowerDirector 5, Ulead VideoStudio 9, TMPGEnc Xpress 3. I can't do a system restore as it won't allow me to do so (even though it is enabled).

I was using TDA but experienced playback problems when a motion menu was used. Thinking it may be a problem with TDA I installed some of the above programs. However, I think I've now complicated things and don't really want to complicate them further by "trying" anony's system if I can help it (no disrespect). But, I'm worried that if I mess around too much I'll c*ck up my system completely.

I've since uninstalled Alcohol, TMPGEnc Xpress 3.0 & VideoStudio.

WMP10: Hangs or doesn't open intermittently.

PowerDVD XP: Error F4D41436: "The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly. This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled".

Nero Showtime 2: "Cannot play this media file. The file is either corrupt or the application does not support the format you are trying to play".

I don't know if this addition info helps, I help it will.

Thankyou.

Comment

Working...